The following is a list of what you need to organise, arrange, supply or bring with you for our Mountain and Desert tour.
- Return flights
- Medical insurance, with repatriation (OBLIGATORY)
- A 700€ returnable deposit against bike and/or GPS damage.
From July 2019 the bike damage deposit will be raised to 1000€
This can either be brought over and paid in cash on arrival, or we can swipe your card. In the event damages occur, then our secretary Maryam will accompany you to a cash point to take out money to cover your damages with cash. The reason we are doing this is because our local bank is charging 25% on every card transaction which means we don't end up with enough money to cover the replacement part.
- Pocket money - for souvenirs, alcohol and soft drinks etc... Reckon 50€ unless you drink a lot!!
- Helmet, boots, gloves & goggles
NOTE: For guaranteed comfort we always recommend you bring your own boots however we can supply these for a one off charge of 50€.
VERY IMPORTANT: For safety reasons we are NOT supplying helmets anymore. You need to bring your own MX style helmet with a fixed chin-bar, enduro goggles and gloves.
A FULL BIKING LICENCE IS NEEDED – SO BRING IT WITH YOU! SORRY IF YOU DON’T HAVE IT WITH YOU, YOU WON’T BE ALLOWED TO BIKE.
Recommended Clothing & Accessories
- T-shirts per day
- Lightweight thermal underwear (just in case)
- Pair of casual shirts for wearing at the hotels
- Pair of Trousers/jeans for wearing at the hotels
- Swim wear
- Small head torch for the desert bivouac
- Jumper or fleece
- A platypus drinking system with tube (about 1.5 litres) – to go in a backpack (OBLIGATORY)
- Small medical kit comprising:
- Aspirins/paracetamol – some form of pain killer
- Anti-inflammatory pills/cream
- Lip salve – to avoid chapped lips
- Sun cream
- Rehydration powders.
- Energy/glucose tablets to chew during the days
Note: Your doctor or GP will be able to advise you further
Moto Aventures also carries a large medical box in the assitance vehicle.
The assistance vehicle has limited space to carry luggage so we supply a barrel type soft bag – 40liters – for each client to put their personal effects and clothing into for the tour. Only this bag permitted. Bear in mind you will be in biking gear most of the time so please think carefully what you bring. We would also appreciate keeping the weight down. Any excess gear can be left at our base and picked up at the end of the tour.
PLEASE ADVISE IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO ANY MEDICATION OR FOOD BEFORE COMMENCING THE TOUR