These tours are suitable for those wanting a less competitive style of riding, more green-laning; having time to stop and look at the amazing scenery; and enjoy wonderful long lazy lunches in one of the many small restaurants we have found hidden in mountain valleys and small villages.
From Monday to Friday we are offering 2, 3 or 5 day biking tours, and YOU CAN NOW PICK WHICH DAYS OF THE WEEK YOU WOULD LIKE TO BIKE.
Non-biker friends and family are very welcome as there are many activities to do during the day in and around Ordino. At least twice during the week, we will arrange to meet up with the bikers for lunch.
Just 6 bikers per tour plus John guiding, so don’t take too long to make your decision!
We are now offering you the chance to BRING YOUR OWN BIKE for the tour. Suitable for large trailies and off-road bikes.
As usual, prompt answers to any of your questions are just a click away!
Arrival at Barcelona airport you will then take the transfer service to our hotel in Ordino. (Service every 2 hours until 22.00 hours.)
As long as not a late arrival I will call round to greet you and have a drink and chat about the next few days.
Leave Andorra through the old village of Pal, with it’s 11th century Romanic church. Passing the pretty ski slopes of Pal Ski Resort cut through the trees, we drive on over the Port de Cabus at 2300m into Spain. Offroad for the next 20 kms from the Port down to Alins where we stop for a mid morning coffee and snack in a local café. En route we pass through the ancient village of Tor and then follow the river through a very picturesque gorge area. This was a notorious area in the past for being a major smuggler’s route for tobacco from Andorra to Spain.
After our coffee stop, we have a few kms on asphalt and then we turn offroad again and wind our way up through forests, across streams until we get to the popular area of St Joan de l’Erm, both for cross country ski-ing in the winter and summer activities. Slow down here as people come for BBQs and to walk around.
From here we make a loop offroad for about 50kms which takes us all the way up to Port Aine ski area at over 2000m with fantastic views across the surrounding mountains. We will stop half-way and have lunch in an old “Refugi” restaurant built over 100 years ago down in a valley by a stream.
This is the restaurant where after eating a substantial starter of soup, sauteed peas with ham, lentils or salad, we are then presented with our selection of grilled meat done on local slates accompanied by home made crisps! After lunch we sit outside in the sun eating our desserts and drinking coffees enjoying the total peace and quiet before jumping on our bikes and setting off for the afternoon’s 80kms of biking – winding our way through the National forests again. We drive back into Andorra via Os de Civis, another very pretty old village built up a hill with the unusual situation of being in Spain but only accessible by road through Andorra. The final 20kms back to Ordino will take us through Andorra la Vella’s town center.
Today our first 20kms are traversing the main town of Andorra leaving through the main border control at Farga where we immediately turn left and start a steep climb with many hairpin bends which quickly gets us way up above the valley. Back up in the tree line we wind our way along the “border” with Andorra, at one point turning back into Andorra “unofficially” to go and have a coffee stop at La Rabassa – one of the cross country ski-ing centers.
Then it’s on for a further 80kms on pleasant tracks through the national parks until, nearing our lunch stop, we reach an area of small lakes “Estanys”. Good place for a photo shoot. Then it’s a further 10kms to our restaurant, which is in another mountain “refugi” which also offers accommodation and is particularly popular in the winter as it is a major cross country ski-ing area. With the rise in popularity of mountain biking, walking etc this restaurant/inn can now remain open most of the year.
A good selection of homemade local fare and a pleasant garden outside to sit and enjoy our coffees. Spectacular views across the valley to the impressive Cadi mountain range in the distance. If still covered in snow these mountains are very majestic.
After our lazy lunch we set off for the afternoon’s biking heading back past the lakes and eventually entering into Andorra through an unmanned border. Stop for a teabreak at La Rabassa then a fantastic road down to Andorra town and back to our hotel.
Today the first 18kms towards the Spanish border is on road. We leave Ordino, fuel up and bike on down through Andorra town and before the border town of Sant Julia we turn right and wind our way up to the church and Parador hotel of Canollich. The road up is quite narrow and there are many tight hairpin bends so clutch control important. Once at the top we will stop for a coffee in the sun on the terrace of the Parador and gaze out over the wonderful open views across the Valleys of Andorra. A couple of kms further and we are onto the track. We will spend the morning winding our way through the forests, hidden valleys, quiet villages and crossing small streams until we get to lunch. Every now and then we will pop out on a mountain top and stop to appreciate yet another beautiful view.
Our destination for lunch today is a restaurant called Cal Butxaca which literally translated means “Pocket (meaning small) house”, set in the village of Castellbo. Castellbo is rumoured to be the last place that the Holy Grail was seen and that it is still hidden somewhere in the area. Parking up the bikes and taking off our gear, a cool drink will be very welcome. While they are preparing our table and lunch we’ll sit outside in the sun or you can take a short walk over the ancient romanic bridge into the narrow streets of this very quaint old village. Lunch here is local fare, starting with the “pan con tomate” – scratch tomato onto toast, garlic if you’d like, a dash of olive oil and salt – accompanying their local dried sausages as an aperitif, wonderful fresh salad, and then grilled lamb chops with homemade fries cooked in bacon fat! An ice-cream and coffee taken outside to finish the meal off! Take some time to relax and digest before getting ready for the afternoon biking our way back to Andorra on more beautiful tracks through the national parks.
Breakfast all together in the hotel and then pick-up by the transfer bus at times agreed during the day.
You will be picked up by the minibus transfer from the hotel reception at the hour arranged. About 3 hour drive to the airport and your flight home!
Here’s a list of what is included with these Andorra tours
• KTM 450 EXCs
- Return flights via Barcelona
- All bike clothing and protection
- Medical insurance with repatriation (OBLIGATORY)
- Hydration system – camelback or similar (OBLIGATORY)
- 700 euros deposit for possible bike damage - cash or card
FULL BIKING LICENCE IS NEEDED – SO BRING IT WITH YOU! SORRY IF YOU DON’T HAVE IT WITH YOU, YOU WON’T BE ALLOWED TO BIKE
MOTO AVENTURES EUROPA S.L. (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") accepts clients, and any accompanying 4x4 passengers (hereinafter referred to collectively as "the Client") subject to the following conditions:
- BOOKING AND PAYMENTS
- The deposit paid at the time of booking is accepted as part of the total cost of the tour and will not be refunded unless the applicant cannot be offered a place.
- The balance of the total cost for the tour must reach us no later than EIGHT weeks before the tour date.
- Cancellation charges on BALANCE payments are as follows;
- 7 - 8 weeks before departure by Client - 50% refund.
- 4 - 7 weeks before departure by Client - 40% refund.
- 2 - 4 weeks before departure by Client - 25% refund.
- 0 - 2 weeks before departure by Client - no refund.
- The Client must:
- be in possession of a full motorbike driving license at all times during the tour
- have made known to the Company any endorsements or restrictions made to his driving license by the licensing authorities
- Only the Client recognised and accepted by the Company may drive the motorbike.
- Should the Client cause the motorbike to be retained or embargoed, all costs will be payable by the Client, including any losses to the Company whilst the motorbike is immobilized.
- All fines, judicial costs, etc., derived from any form of traffic infraction or other, which are against the motorbike, the Company or the Client, and caused by the Client during the period of this contract, will be payable by the Client except when caused by the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse to allow the Client's participation in the event that the Company's insurance agent will not accept the Client as an insurable risk.
- When using one of the Company bikes or equipment, the Client agrees to pay a deposit of SEVEN HUNDRED EUROS before beginning the tour, which will be returned in full provided that no damage has occurred to either bike or GPS. Prices of some of the parts you could be charged for :
|AIR FILTER COVER||39€||REAR MUDGUARD||59€ |
|FRONT RIM ||231€||SUBFRAME||329€|
|FRONT BRAKE LEVER||35€||REAR RIM||218€|
|CLUTCH LEVER||35€||FOOT PEG||39€|
|REAR BRAKE LEVER||35€||GEAR SHIFT LEVER||67€|
|HEAD LIGHT MASK ORANGE||34€||FOOT BRAKE LEVER||100€|
|BRAKE DISC REAR||113€||SIDE STAND||105€|
|BRAKE DISC FRONT||123€||STAND BASE||4,50€|
|CLUTCH COVER||64€||SKID PLATE PLASTIC||117€|
|SPOILER SET||100€||CLUTCH PIPE||64€|
|LIGHT SWITCH||39€||SILENCER END CAP||170€|
|FRONT MUDGUARD||34€||NUMBER PLATE|| 24€|
|Should you drop the bike under water then expect to pay up to|
|4 x oil changes @ 30€ each.|
|4 x oil filters @ 21€ each.|
|1 x fuel filter @ 57€.|
- WHEELIES ARE NOT ALLOWED - If damage is caused as the result of doing a wheelie the Client will be responsible for the cost of ALL damages.
- If, for whatever reason, it is not possible to check the bikes at the end of the tour, the Company will have up to 7 days to advise the Client of any damages and costs due
- The Client understands that;
- he/she is responsible for his/her own personal insurance with repatriation and acknowledges the inherent risk and dangers of the tour
- will travel entirely at his/her own risk
- neither the Company, its agents, or any other person assisting with them, is liable for any personal loss, injury, accident, damage, delay or inconvenience, whether caused by acts of the Company, its agents or events outside the Company's control (e.g. strikes, civil war, mechanical breakdown, weather etc.)
- due to the nature of the tour, no responsibility can be accepted by the Company for any damage, loss, or accident to a Client's vehicle or other property, whether owned, on hire, or loaned to the Client.
- if the Client leaves the tour voluntarily before completion of the tour, or is required to do so by a Company representative, then all liability that the Company may bear to that Client will cease immediately, and the Company will have no responsibility for repatriation or any other expenses incurred by the Client which may arise out of such an event.
- In the event of an accident when the bike becomes undriveable or the client cannot continue the tour then any costs incurred to get the bike back to the Company’s garage base, will be to the cost of the client. (110€ to 350€)
- he/she will abide by the authority and decisions of the Company and/or its representatives.
- The Company reserve the right to alter or cancel all or part of the tour without prior notice. If a tour is cancelled, any payments already received by the Company will be refunded in full.
- The Client will comply strictly with the laws and customs of all countries visited, whether in respect of health, immigration, exchange control, drugs, or any other matter.
- All distances and information quoted in our itineraries are approximates. These are meant as a rough guide and can vary if there is a change of route. At all times we will try to maintain this itinerary but due to climatic conditions or availability of accommodation the company might have to alter part of it.
- Any dispute that may arise between the Client and the Company will be dealt with under the jurisdiction of the country where the Company is registered.
- Costs incurred by the Company (including lawyer and procurator fees) whilst reclaiming monies owed by the Client from this contract, will be payable by the Client.
- The Company reserves the right to alter or change all or part of these Terms & Conditions without prior notice.